The best hotels in Managua
For your vacation in Nicaragua, you will land first at the international airport in Managua, the capital city. It is best to book your hotel in Managua before you arrive so you have everything arranged before you land, can easily find an airport shuttle or taxi to your hotel and then settle in to enjoy this vibrant capital city.
When traveling to Managua you will find that hotels in the city are more expensive than the hotels in Nicaragua overall, but for a national capital city, the prices are relatively low in comparison. If you want to explore the city of Managua in depth, trying staying at several different hotels in Managua to really get to know the city.
The following is a list of hotels in Managua, most belonging to international hotel chains and their price ranges and available amenities.
Crowne Plaza Hotel:
Amenities at the Crowne Plaze Hotel:
- 140 Guest Rooms, 30 suites, 64 non-smoking rooms, air conditioned, some with a mountain view and the others with a view of the Lake
- full bathroom – bathrobe provided, hairdryer
- mini bar
- Cable TV
- coffee maker
- daily maid service
- laundry & dry cleaning service
- foreign currency exchange
- Car rental: Dollar Rent a Car, Hertz car rental
- three restaurants: Japanese cuisine at the Royal Tepanyaki Restaurant, Los Continentes Restaurant serve snacks, Creole and international food, and the Ming Court Restaurant serves a Taiwan menu
- outdoor pool
- La Cita cocktail lounge in the lobby
- high speed internet
- health and fitness center
- Business Center for corporate travel
- free airport shuffle
Hilton Princess Managua:
The Hilton Princess hotel in Managua situated at the kilometro 4.5 Carretera a Masaya, is a hotel with a lot of class as with all Hilton hotels and the best rooms are the ones facing the pool. Prices range in the upper range for hotels in Managua – over $150 a night for a room.
Amenities: You can expect to find all the amenities you would find at any Hilton hotel throughout the world at the Hilton Princess hotel in Managua:
- Luxury air conditioned rooms with maid service
- Buffet Breakfast
- Room Service
- Snack bar
- Safe box at reception
- Business services and meeting rooms for business travelers
- health and fitness facilities
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Airport shuttle
Real Intercontinental Metrocentro
The Real Intercontinental Metrocentro hotel in Managua is in an excellent location near the Metrocentro mall and the Zona Rose (on the Carretera Masaya) where you’ll find restaurants, entertainment and the nightlife of Managua. The Real Intercontinental Metrocentro hotel offers standard hotel rooms from $110 to over $150 US for a room. Best hotel rooms are the Club Level rooms. It is among the tallest buildings in Managua. This is an award winning hotel and won the World Travel Award in 2005, the Torchbearer award in both 2006 and 2008.
- Elegantly designed, air conditioned hotel rooms
- High speed and wireless internet in all hotel rooms
- Daily housecleaning
- International cuisine at Real Intercontinental Metrocentro hotel’s
- Restaurante Voltes
- Scenario Bar and pool terrace
- Car rental services available from Hertz and Avis Rent a Car
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness facilities
- Business center
Hotel Seminole Plaza
Situated at 1 cabajo, 1 cal sur, the Hotel Seminole Plaza offers guests comfortable beds, air conditioned large hotel rooms with private bath, hot water, cable TV, and rooms on the first floor for disabled travelers. The Hotel Seminole Plaza is well-situated for enjoying the nightlife of Managua, within walking distance of the restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Shopping is also in the area within walking distance. The Hotel Seminole Plaza is in the same area as the Real Intercontinental Metrocentro and the Hilton Princess hotel, but is slightly lower priced. Hotel rooms at the Hotel Seminole Plaza, range in the $100 to $150 US per night, but the hotel is good value for your money.
- Large hotel rooms with comfortable beds
- Air conditioned
- Cable TV
- Great buffet breakfast
- Friendly and professional staff
- 24 hour front desk
- Restaurants (two of them, one is at the pool) serving international and local cuisine
- Swimming pool
You can book online at their website at www.seminoleplaza.com/welcome-2/?lang=en
This is a listing of the best hotels owned by the international hotel chains for your vacation in Managua. There are many other independently owned hotels in Managua with lower prices for you to choose from but these are the major hotels in the upper price range. See you in Managua.